Look at these beauties! A big thank you to the 72 young ladies who came to The House ~ Millburn, NJ for our open model call. We can’t wait to choose the new faces for The House. These gals will be part of an upcoming fashion photo shoot and featured on The House’s website and look book. How will we ever choose? Good thing we have a NYC talent scout helping us make the decision. Stay tuned!
The best kind of LOVE note….
“Thank you again for a lovely day and a very chill photography session!! You are wonderful with the kids and have captured each of their personalities beautifully- done only as a mom could. There was evidence of this in the absence of complaining!! Thanks again, Mallika, for capturing this time of ours that often moves too fast…”
I am one lucky lady to have such wonderful repeat clients/friends. What an honor to celebrate and capture these beautiful stories!
Mark your calendars! I am collaborating with The House ~ Millburn, NJ (281 Essex Street in Downtown Millburn) for a MODEL CALL this Sunday, Oct 5th from 2-4 PM. We are looking for girls aged 10-17 to try out and be the fab four new faces for The House. No experience necessary. Come to the shop and take a quick pic! It will be a fun afternoon for all.
It’s really not about the pictures. It’s about helping her SEE herself as beautiful and strong. Inside and out.
Photography for the tween and teen set can be such a gift to boost confidence and self-esteem. It’s an eye-opening experience celebrating their story and this special age.
Ask me about the Glitter Girl photography experience exclusive for tween and teen girls.
Ready, set, GET GORGEOUS! Join us for a photography experience on October 2nd at Blow In Blow Out in Summit. If you are tired of your boring headshot and want a new photo that turns heads and gets you noticed, grab your reservation here -http://tinyurl.com/GGOct. Only 6 spots left!
Enjoy head to toe service with a hair blowout, make up application, jewelry and wardrobe styling and a short and sweet photography session. You will feel and look beautiful and confident! Who wouldn’t want that for business and in life?
Hair by Blow In Blow Out
Jewelry by Frugal Fashionistas
Parents are filled with joy when they see the final products of their photography session. They LOVE turning the pages of their albums, gifting prints to relatives and seeing their child’s story blown up big on canvas.
This is why I offer all inclusive packages (versus a la carte). Every package of mine includes the session, digital files and a printed product. I do this because we all get busy and sometimes, we never get around to printing. Let me take care of that all for you. I can design your album. I can create a wall gallery for your home. I can turn your photos into fun gift ideas. All you need to do is sit back and enjoy the story of your family and life.
Together is our favorite place to be.
Family fall sessions are now in full swing! Only a handful of spots left for the rest of the year. If you are ready to celebrate your family’s story, contact me at email@example.com.
I would love to capture your connection.
It is sometimes so easy to hide behind the camera. So in my effort to infuse more of myself into my business and put myself out there, I will share ten things about me that you may or may not know.
1) I can parallel park like nobody’s business. Most likely learned from my days living and having a car in NYC, I can still impress my husband with this skill.
2) I have lived in 7 states all across the country including NY, MI, MA, CA, CO, FL and now NJ. I still think there are a few more moves left in our journey.
3) I love to travel and would take a stamp in my passport over a designer bag or shoes any day.
4) I am addicted to coffee. Extra hot and preferably hazelnut. Just talking about it is making me crave a cup.
5) I still get nervous when I speak in front of a group. I do public speaking more now then I ever did, but I still get a dose of nerves.
6) I am a purging master. New things come into the house and old things come out. I just don’t like too much stuff. And watch out if I get into a purging mood, just ask my family.
7) I am a learning addict. I have probably signed up for every free webinar or PDF offer. I just really love to learn and grow, especially if it is business oriented.
8) I hate tardiness. If I have to wait longer then 15 minutes, I am not a happy camper.
9) I am an eternal entrepreneur. Before mikifoto, I have had two other businesses including a handbag line designed from vintage Indian saris (Asiatic) and a children’s appliqué t-shirt line (Kid Guru). What will be next?
10) I began my photography business about 7 years ago. It all started because I was feeling lonely and disconnected from my family who lived on the opposite coast. I had two young boys and it would break my heart that no one would truly know who they were. I started to take storytelling photos so my relatives could see how they laughed, what they were interested in and how they interacted as brothers. Photography helped me feel connected and became my life line. Now I am lucky enough to celebrate and capture other people’s stories as well.
Hope this gives you a bit more insight into the person behind the lens!
Photo credit : lot 116
Calling all girls in the Northern NJ area between the ages of 10-17 for a super fun model call at The House in Millburn. I am collaborating with this amazing boutique/salon/spa to help them find four fresh new faces for their website and fashion look book. Join us on Sunday, October 5th from 2-4 PM. No experience necessary. All you need is a positive attitude and a smile!
|After weeks of endless summer play and noise, I thought I would welcome the first day of school with open arms. My boys are now entering 7th Grade, 4th Grade and Kindergarten. Yet, I am sitting home in the quiet, feeling a bit of that bittersweet sadness. Another new year means everyone is getting older (me included). Plus, this year was extra special because my youngest entered kindergarten. No more little ones at home. Now everyone gets on the bus and off to school. A new milestone bringing on some fear mixed with excitement and joy. Oh what fun change brings! This is what the first day of school looks like at our house. Wishing you a smooth and happy transition back to school.|